In OO we use the context entry / business path information to address a certain place in the application. This is also leveraged for the resume feature as the last business path the user visited is persisted and read out after next login.
This concept is now extended to explicitly set so-called "landing pages".
A landing page is nothing else than a configured business path that the user jumps to after login as alternative to resume and the hardcoded first site as in previous releases.
After login, the user has the possibility to:
- Resume (always resume)
- Open Landin page (always open landing page)
In the admin section a configuration module is added. Here, the admin can define which landing pages are available.
- My courses
- Course favorites
- A certain level in the catalog
- A specific course
- My groups
- Group favorites
- A specific group
- My notifications
- My e-portfolio
- Infopage 1/2
- Resourcemanagement (only authors)
In a second step, the admin can preset which users will have which landing page in case they have to personal setting. Rules that can be set are:
- System role
- User attributes
The resume configuration is modified so the user can preset his personal landing page:
- Configured business path options configured in the admin configuration
- Own business path (E.g. by visiting a place in OO and then having a feature "make this my default page"
- When the user did not configure anything so far, the computed rule from the admin module configuration is used depending on the users roles and attributes.
The configuration of the personal landing page must be configurable by the usermanager for users.