OpenOlat has integrated editors for the course structure and its building blocks, the test and the test items and content editors for html and txt documents as well as the office document editors. However, traditionally the learning content is produced using external tools.
This is not desirable for authors, they need additional tools, the content is not well integrated and does not respond to responsive resizes. Re-use of content is limited within OpenOlat and it is not possible to leverage the taxonomy to categories content and create relations to corresponding test items and competency achievements.
All this is addressed with the new content editor:
- A block based editor to create content items
- Based on EP and survey editor
- D&D of blocks
- Didactical content blocks (H5P-Style)
- Embedding of video LR's (with quiz etc)
- Embedding of test items
- Media library similar to the TP media library
- Link of content items to taxonomy
- A content module editor that allows bundling of content items into a module/book/script that can then be embedded in a course like a SCORM / CP
- With learning progress
- Fits within learning path visualization
- Integrate content module in other learning systems using LTI
In the long run the content pool can be linked to the question pool using the taxonomy and implement a fully automated, competency based learning machine.