How to reproduc
- Create a course with an LTI course element
- Set as additional Attribute custom_test type text with value "Lässig"
- Set Display to "Open in new window"
- Set Show all information transmitted on launch (Debug) to true
- Publish and open in run
- => NOK: Umlaut in value "Lässig" is scrambled
- Reconfigure to display "Ebmedded"
- OK: all as expected
When using the inspector it becomes clear that the mimetype is "text/html" and misses des encoding part. Unfortunately the MediaResource API is very missleading here because the setEncoding does not actually set the encoding on the mimetype. This must be done manually.
There are also other cases that should be checked for this issue.
As a result BigBlueButton launch via LTI fails when the user has an umlaut in his name (as I have )