When copying a course some things are copied, some not. The system takes assumptions about the intent of course content and configurations but those assumptions might be wrong.
- To copy the groups of a course can be desired or not
- When copying a blog, sometimes the original blog should be referenced, in some scenarios a new blow should be created (as a collaborative tool)
- Material in a folder that is used for content distribution should be copied while material in a folder as result of the work of the participants should not
A new copy wizard should implement a flexible course copy:
- Set new course Reference (Kennzeichen)
- Set new Authors
- Set new Execution Period (Dates, Semester reference)
- Set new Location
- Publish in same catalog as source course?
- For all groups: copy groups and re-link to course elements, link course element references to original groups, do not copy groups (leave empty)
- For all owners: copy or add new owners or add only creator as owner
- For all coaches: copy or add new coaches
- For all folder nodes: copy content or create empty folders
- For blog nodes: keep blog or create new empty blog
- For all lecture blocks: copy or don't copy
- Ask for new date for each copied lecture block and assign teacher in one page
- Alternatively: ask to create x Lecture blocks. In this case, ask for title, date etc. for each new lecture block
- List all course elements that have date configurations in one page, allow setting the dates in one step
- List all course reminders with date configurations in one page, allow setting the dates in one step
The new copy wizard is only implemented for the new learning path course.