When copying a course some things are copied, some not. The system takes assumptions about the intent of course content and configurations but those assumptions might be wrong.
- To copy the groups of a course can be desired or not
- When copying a blog, sometimes the original blog should be referenced, in some scenarios a new blow should be created (as a collaborative tool)
- Material in a folder that is used for content distribution should be copied while material in a folder as result of the work of the participants should not
A new copy wizard should implement a flexible course copy:
- Set new course Reference (Kennzeichen)
- Set new Authors
- Set new Execution Period (Dates, Semester reference)
- Set new Location
- Publish in same catalog as source course?
- For all groups: copy groups and re-link to course elements, link course element references to original groups, do not copy groups (leave empty)
- For all owners: copy or add new owners or add only creator as owner
- For all coaches: copy or add new coaches
- For all folder nodes / tool: copy content or create empty folders
- For blog nodes / tool: keep blog or create new empty blog
- For wiki nodes / tool: keep wiki or create new empty wiki
- For all lecture blocks: copy or don't copy
- Ask for new date for each copied lecture block and assign teacher in one page
- Alternatively: ask to create x Lecture blocks. In this case, ask for title, date etc. for each new lecture block
- List all course elements that have date configurations in one page, allow setting the dates in one step
- List all course reminders with date configurations in one page, allow setting the dates in one step
- List all assessment modes with date configuration in one page, allow setting the dates in one step (ZAG Request)
The new copy wizard is only implemented for the new learning path course.