The task course element should allow declaration of optional/mandatory tasks:
- User/group can decide whether they work on the task
- In the screen when choosing as task it must be visible that this is an optional element
- When automatic task assignment is enabled, the user should get a screen first to commit to the task. If declined no task is auto-assigned. This decision is not stored anywhere, when the user clicks the task again the question appears again.
- No automatic task pulling when nothing has been submitted, no reminders
- No grading if no task has been submitted for review
- Behaviour as today
The implementation should be done in a way that the datamodel is generic. The information that a course element is mandatory/optional is something that is needed for the implementation of the learning path.
Since we are not ready yet with the other course elements, the implementation is only done for the task course element. At a later stage the same feature will be added to all course elements, so a somewhat generic implementation should be done.