Process: The appeal process is steered via 3 status:
- pending = when the appeal request was sent,
- approved = when the course administration agreed the correction of the wrong detected absence(s) or
- rejected = when the course administration is not accepting the appeal request
- New Features within absence management: appeal workflow with new status approved and rejected
- New GUI's within lectures and absences (new tab appeal) with matrix/list where course administration can see listed all pending appeals sent by participants via web form appeal
- New GUI where the course administration can change the status from pending to approved or rejected with a new field to fill in the reason of the respective status set. This "reason" field shall be mandatory and only visible for the course administration, not to participants
- Enhanced GUI within the personal tool for participant (Status change from pending to approved or rejected). The participant cannot see the reason entries, this information is only visible for course owners who entered this information
Actually participants have the possibility to initiate an appeal against an absence recorded during a roll call leading by the teacher. According to the global settings the participant launches an appeal during the defined period via webform. Afterwards he can see within the personal tools - absences when the e-mail was sent, but then the process stops at this point.
Newly we shall introduce two new status visible for the participant: "approved" and "rejected".
When the appeal is sent once a new status "pending" shall be visible, e.g. pending since 16.1.2018.
further informations see also https://jira.frentix.com/browse/OOPM-184