To automate usermanagement in a Shibboleth enabled setting it can make sense to grant author rights based on a user attribute, eg. the affiliation.
Example: if a user has the following shib attribute:
a new configuration should automatically add this user the author role because the attribute contains the segment "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Add configuration to the shib module to enable automatic author mapping
- Configuration for attribute name and required value (in a "contain" manner)
- Code in shib manager to add the author role to a user
- Add the method call to the user sync method if enabled in the module
The following business rules will apply:
- If there is an author match and the author role does not exist, add the author role.
- Manually removing an author role that has been added by shibboleth is possible. However, on the next login the role will be added again by rule 1)
- If the is no author match (1) but an author role exists, the author role remains untouched. Author roles must not be removed, only added.