We use mediaelementjs as our video player. The version is outdated and not maintained anymore as there is a new version 4 series out. The integration in OpenOLAT needs to be adapted to match the new release, it is not a drop-in-replacement.
A known issue with the current version we have are full-screen problems when using the flash-fallback on IE browsers. In this case, the video can not be played in full-screen. There is hope that the update will fix this problem.
- Play video within an single page in a course (uses iFrame)
- Play the different video formats we support (e.g. youtube)
- Play video in video resource (learn tube, course element video)
- Play video with chapter markers in video resource
- Play video with subtitles in video resource
- Make sure the double-speed plugin still works
- Make sure the right-mouse context menu is blocked to prevent easy download of video files
- Make sure the full-screen does work both in iframe (single page) and integrated (video resource)
- Check that posterframe ist properly displayed (single page and video resource)
- Check that other than original video size is still supported (single page, set custom video size)
- Check that multiple transcodings are selectable from the list and do play (only for video resource)
- Check that the video events are properly propagated to the java code (e.g. when using the chapter editor)
- Check options start (timecode), autostart, loop (in single page)
General playback should be tested on OSX with Safari, Chrome, Firefox, on Windows with Edge / IE, Chrome, Firefox, on iOS with Safari, on Android with Chrome.