Using the new lecture module, so-called lecture blocks to support physical course events can be set up. The roll-call feature enables a tool for the lecture block teachers to perform a roll-call workflow.
Roll call for course owner
- Can be enabled / disabled on a course level
- Con do all the things the teacher can do as well
- In addition, the course owner can re-open closed lecture blocks to edit roll calls
- An attendance rate can be specified for the curse (and a default attendance rate in the module config)
- An individual attendance rate for each student overwrites the course attendance rate (e.g. for a repeating visiting of a course)
- An appeal possibility for students is configured together with the appeal time frame in which the student can appeal against the marked absence.
Roll call for teacher
- A tool lists all students for a specific lecture block for the responsible teacher
- In that tool, absent students can be marked for each lecture
- If enabled, the absence can be marked as "authorized". In that case, a reason for absence must be filled in a comment field
- A general comment field is available for the teachers (not visible to the student)
Roll call for student
- A tool lists all lecture blocks and the absent lectures
- The attendence rate for each course is displayed
- Lecture blocks with absences are displayed
- When enabled, the student can appeal agains the absence marking. A simple email workflow is triggered in that case.
All changes to the roll call are logged in a dedicated logging field that can not be manipulated or deleted in the OpenOLAT GUI.
All life-cycle actions and configurations are accessible using the REST API.