The lecture module is an optional component that allows structuring physical course events in so-called "lecture blocks".
Lecture blocks have the following features
- Synchronous event that happens on a specific date
- Have a start and a planned end date
- Have some meta data such as Title, description, preparation text, location etc.
- Have 1-12 lectures, although the lectures are not further specified. E.g. the block consist of four lectures.
- Are linked to exactly one learning resource (course)
- Have one or multiple teachers. The teacher must be a coach in that course or in one of the groups to have access to the course.
- Have the course participants and/or the participants of one or multiple groups of the course configured as lecture participants
- Can be marked as managed and feature an external reference field
- Have a status (active, partially done, done, cancelled). Depending on configuration not all stati are available in the UI.
- Can be marked as compulsory or optional
- Can be synched as events to the personal calendar of each participant (class schedule)
- Can be synched as events to the personal calendar of each teacher (teaching schedule)
Teachers can do the following
- Change the status of the lecture block (partially done, done, cancelled), depending on configuration
- Mark how many of the planned lectures have been done (when partially done)
- Change the effective end
- Choose a reason for a premature end date from a list of reasons
- Add a comment (e.g. about the class behaviour)
- Do a roll call if enabled (see separate Jira issue)
All changes to the lecture block are logged in a dedicated logging field that can not be manipulated or deleted in the OpenOLAT GUI.
All life-cycle actions and configurations are accessible using the REST API.