In the course member list element the listing of users has been implemented using the users avatar images and some more features (avatar view). In contrast to the old-school looking table layout used in the groups (list view) to display the group members, the course has a much more appealing member list functionality.
The goal of this issue is to use the same nice looking UI from the course and bring it also to the group.
- Check if refactoring of course element code to a common module is feasible. If so, refactor code that in each setup the following can be configured:
- context specific titles for the groups
- context specific users (owner, coach, participant vs. coach, participant, waiting list)
- context specific user property contexts for displaying the user properties in avatar view
- context specific user property contexts for displaying the user properties in avatar print view
- context specific callback for the email wizard (maybe too complex?)
- Implement a configurable download button
- Implement the download file (one excel with all members together with the role vs. one per role as it is today)
- Wire existing group list download config to new download feature in avatar view
- Wire exiting group email tool to config of avatar email feature
- Implement new config on course element for the download feature (default only for coaches)
- Toggle to switch between list view and avatar view
- Save personal preferred list or avatar view in user GUI prefs
There is no migration or upgrader necessary.
Things to check
- Check if there are Selenium test affected by this issue
- If so, fix the testcases