QTI2 essay items should have an auto-save feature. In case the browser crashes, OpenOLAT crashes or some kind of timeout happens, the user can resume the test and the essay written so far will be loaded to the question again.
- Autosave every minute or more
- User must not loose focus, the auto-save must happen asynchronously in the background
- The auto-save must extend the session timeout. It must be possible to write for hours without getting a session timeout
- Auto-Saved test should not increment or at least only increment the item attempt once.
- When pulling a test (test time constraint or by coach), the auto-saved text should behave as if the user submitted the text.
fx internal: CL-680