The high-score feature is a new configuration option for each assessable course element. The goal is to motivate the learner by letting him compare his score with the score of the rest of the class. It also offers somewhat support for a game based educational approach.
The high-score feature has three components
- podium (gold, silver, bronze)
- histogram (me compared to the rest visualized in a statistic diagram)
- listing (top-10 listing and my place in the list)
- The three visualization styles can be enabled / disabled individually
- For the listing visualization, the number of the top users are confiured (top-10, top-20...)
- The users can be displayed anonymized or using real names and avatar images
- The visibility of the feature can be triggered by a date (show only after specific date has been reached)
The high-score feature is available for all assessable course nodes that have a score configured such as tests, checklist, manual scoring, SCORM, task etc. and also for the structure course element. This means, it is also possible to enable it at the course root node if the root node does summ up the score of some of the contained course elements.
Visually, the high-score feature is displayed below the users assessment information of the course element in a collapsable panel.