Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 10.2
OpenOLAT is often used to run assessments. The assessments are typically online tests, however it could also be some LTI or SCORM content or even a task element.
The problem currently is that users can launch other parts of OpenOLAT during an exam since the system is not aware that such an assessment exists. A new explicit assessment mode should be implemented to solve this problem. The following features will be implemented:
- New course tool "Assessment mode" to manage assessment periods
- Assessment setups are persisted in database, not part of course structure
- On login it is checked if an assessment is scheduled for user, if so access is limited to assessment
- Already logged in users that are not in the assessment runtime are forced to the assessment once an assessment starts
- Limited assessment runtime in course with displaying of configured course elements only, disabling of chat. etc.
- Optionally limit access to assessment mode to Safe Exam Browser with specific configuration key
See attached specification for more information