Users can leave group in the group site. For groups created by authors this is often not desired.
System configuration for defaults values:
- allow leaving for groups created by learners
- allow leaving for groups created by authors
- allow configuring of setting on a per-group level by authors
Configuration within group:
- allow or disallow leaving
- show read-only if user is not allowed to change configuration
In group site, show "leave" link for all groups, even when not allowed to leave
- when not allowed to leave, show email form instead to request group exit from group coaches
- special care needs to be taken for groups that have no coaches (in courses). In this case the recipients must be taken from the associated courses.
- If no group coaches are in the group and no courses are attached, the system administrator is used as recipient
At runtime, the system needs to decide what type a group is. The following business rule should apply:
- a group without coaches and without attached courses is considered to be a "created by learner" group
- a group without coaches but with attached courses is considered to be a "created by author" group
- a group with coaches is considered to be a "created by author" group if at least one coach has authoring rights. If all coaches have only learner rights, the group is considered to be a "created by learner" group